Thursday, August 03, 2006

Lessons in a Public Restroom

Ok, so in June we spent two weeks in missions training in Springfield, MO. One afternoon, after just hearing, in some detail, about all the parasites and worms we would for sure experience overseas... and how we'd get used to planning our day around how our stomaches felt... I had to use the restroom! Between our classes I had a slight stomach ache. So just before next class and I headed to the bathroom. As I sat in there, I thought, "Man, I don't really like being here in the public restroom..." knowing I would probably be in several other public restrooms in other countries!! And then the thought came to me... Would you rather stay in your own home all comfy and cozy to use your own bathroom or would you like to live an adventure, chasing after abundant life in Christ - even if it could mean having to use an unfamiliar bathroom?! My choice was obvious. While that was not my favorite thing to do, I knew that excitment and life would be waiting for me. I'd rather live life to the full than to stay safe and know my own bathroom is handy! More to this life, right?! And I was back in class before the teacher began! He is faithful, even in the restroom! Heh.

No comments: