Thursday, August 24, 2006

B-enefits

Psalm 103:2-5

Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His BENEFITS:
-who FORGIVES all your sins
-and HEALS all your diseases
-who REDEEMS your life from the pit
-and CROWNS you with love and compassion
-who SATISFIES your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles

Whoo-hoo. We were encouraged to know those benefits last Sunday. I'd learned them a while back but was just refreshed to read them again. They are benefits for the children of God! And not just health care! (Although that seems to be included!) Heh.

This week, I especially liked the one about satisfying your desires with good things... so that your YOUTH is renewed like the eagles. "Jill" means "youthful" and so lately youth-y verses stick out to me! And to be renewed like the eagles! Just reading it is renewing! Heh. (The other youth verse that I have written down in my Bible is Isaiah 40:29-31 about ..."youths grow tired... but they that wait on the Lord will renew their strength. They will mount up on wings like eagles..." Guess eagles and youth go together?! Heh.)

Forget not His benefits!

No comments: