Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Double Egg

A while back, we were going through a tight time financially (which never ends, really, I just happened to be a little worried about it then...). I was cooking supper, scrambled eggs, and I was half praying half thinking about how we were getting low on food and the pay check wasn t for a few days. As I counted out two eggs for each person and looked to see that we might be short an egg or two - I looked down to see the egg that I had just cracked open was a double egg!! That gave me the right count in my pan and a little more hope in my heart!

Well, tonight - there was that double egg again! Another reminder of God s provision! And this time it was not only one double, but two! So instead of me having two scrambled eggs, there were four in my pan! I just smiled, then laughed. Eli did, too. The girls came running to take a look...

Makes me think of the verse in Ephesians 3 abou how God able to do above and beyond all we ask or imagine. I hadn t even thought to ask for double eggs! And then there they were again, along with my double portion of hope.

No comments: