Friday, September 21, 2007

spilled milk

"One of those days" seems to have become every day for me! Heh. That's what I told Kevin last week. Seems like there's always something crazy. Something lost. Something forgotten. Something late! Uff. Well last week it was something spilled!

Ruth and Elijah and I had gone to the store after dropping the kids off at school. I got a few gallons of milk and stacked them along the seat of our van. Long story short, Ruth wanted to play with the lights in the van instead of obeying and getting out, so I "helped" her get out by lifting her up and out. Her coat or leg got caught on Hannie's carseat and it fell into the milk... Ever have to clean up a whole gallon of milk off the garage floor? That's what we found ourself looking at. A whole gallon of milk splashing out of the container and running all over the floor. To top it off it was a windy/rainy cold day.

I did, however, get a chance to explain to her later how I didn't know what to do and had prayed that God would give me wisdom and patience... and that He did. I sprayed it out of the garage with our outside hose and didn't put her in her room for the whole day... God meets us where we're at!

And I did not cry over our spilled milk!

No comments: