Friday, April 15, 2011

things are always changing but don't be sad and blue...



We found this Sesame Street video before we moved overseas to Armenia two/three years ago and thought that it was appropriate for the kids.  Big changes are a comin'.  We went and came back and things have changed a lot, several times!  Coming back to the US was also a big change!  Settling down, new place, new friends...  After two years we had settled in pretty well, just in time to move back to the states!  Heh.

Well now this mama had this song come to mind and I was thinking as much as me as I was of the kids.  We started homeschooling just before we left and have continued through until now.  We've got about a month left of school this year and that will mark three years of homeschooling for the Crawford family!  We'd planned to homeschool while we were overseas and then go back to a Christian school in the states.  But we all ended up liking schooling together that after two years we thought maybe we'd keep it up for a while after we got back...  Now that we're here the kids are all leaning toward heading back to school!  Kev is teaching at the Christian school here in town so we've already been around the school and are getting comfortable with the place...  Hum...

So now I'm thinking, next fall, it might just be lil' old me at home while all my babies are off!  Even little Elijah will be in first grade!  Six years old...  Crazy!  The other day I told Kevin I wonder if I'll freak out or just enjoy a little bit of quiet?  Both?  It'll be a huge change... for me!  :)  For three years I've had four little chickadees stuck to my side coming and going.  In a few months, I could have no one by my side for a large part of the day?!  Strange. Wonder what God has in store next?!

Things are always changing...

No comments: