Friday, March 11, 2011

Word of God Speak

When you need to hear from God, listen.

We're really trying to spend more time reading and applying God's Word to our lives and our situations lately.  Something that we should do every day, huh?!  We're learning...  And we're trying to make more time to pray and be still with the Lord.  Kinda hard to do with a tiny house full of kids!  But...  press on, right?!  

Let me share some verses the Lord has put before our eyes the last couple weeks.

Kevin found out about a job teaching Bible at Trinity Christian School here in Williston, ND.  He's always loved studying the Word of God and has a mind for theology, etc.  As Kev spent some time in prayer and reading, he came across this verse.  We read it as a family at bedtime that night.

1 Timothy 4:13-16

13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. 
14 Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.
15 Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. 
16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Kev is teaching at Trinity now and still praying!  :)


My prayers tend to lean heavily toward our family.  For Kev to have wisdom as a leader and to be strong and courageous as he follows Christ and leads his family.  And for our children...  the ones we have and the ones that might be yet to come.  Sometimes we really feel like God is pushing us forward to adopt and have more kids and then, when we have no money, we wonder...  how will that work?  "Lord, what do you have in mind for our family?" I prayed before I read His Word...

Jeremiah 30:19-22

19 From them will come songs of thanksgiving
   and the sound of rejoicing.
I will add to their numbers,
   and they will not be decreased;
I will bring them honor,
   and they will not be disdained.
20 Their children will be as in days of old,
   and their community will be established before me;
   I will punish all who oppress them.
21 Their leader will be one of their own;
   their ruler will arise from among them.
I will bring him near and he will come close to me—
   for who is he who will devote himself
   to be close to me?’
            declares the LORD.
22 “‘So you will be my people,
   and I will be your God.’”


In church recently, I prayed,  "Lord, I will give up what you want me to give up and go after what you want me to go after, just tell me!  Even if it's hard to let go of my own dreams for Your plans...  help me do that!"  About 5 minutes later our pastor started talking from the book of Genesis and asked what God's command was?  To be fruitful and increase in number!  Heh.  Sweet.

Even though we don't see the whole picture, it's nice to hear from the Lord once in a while.  Love His Word!  Word of God speak; open our ears to listen!

No comments: