Sunday, November 14, 2010

So Little=So Much

We organized the kids toys this week.  They each have to fit all their things into one or two boxes for us to take back to the states.  After going through and weeding out the broken or missing toys, Lijah came out with most of his toys (besides stuffed animals) fitting into two ziplock baggies!  Wow.  Crazy.  So being the American mom that I am, I'm looking and kinda thinking, "Oh poor kid...  giving up so much...  missing out on so many things..."  Then I look at him.  He's busy working on folding and cutting paper into different shapes and adding things together to create a type of store for me to come and play with him.  He is so creative!  The other kids are singing and dancing and making up a Christmas play in the other room...  Hum, maybe having so little is actually not a bad thing?

Then in the next day or two while Lijah and Ruth are dumping out his two plastic bags of toys I hear someone say, "Wow!  Look at all your nice toys, Elijah!"  Heh.  Interesting.  They see themselves as having so many nice toys when I see so little.  Again, last night as I tucked the girls into bed, I threw a couple stuffed bunnies up to Hannah's pillow...  She hugged her favorite and said, "I have so many bunnies!"  My kids see how much they have when I had just seen the same thing and thought it was so little.

Have you noticed how the Bible talks about riches?

Colossians 3:16
Let the Word of Christ dwell in you Richly...


Timothy 6:17
Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who Richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.

Romans 11:33
Oh, the depth of the Riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!

You get the idea!  What am I looking at to see how much (or how little) I have?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Benjamin told me that when he gets rich, he's still going to live in a little house.  He'll donate money to people who need it instead of spending it on a big house!  "I don't need a big house anyway!"  That kid.  Good thinking...  then we talked about the verse:


Matthew 6:19-21
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, 
where moths and vermin destroy, 
and where thieves break in and steal. 
But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, 
where moths and vermin do not destroy, 
and where thieves do not break in and steal. 
For where your treasure is, 
there your heart will be also.

Where is our treasure?  Where is our heart...

1 comment:

jenny said...

wow!that is so amazing!!