Monday, July 19, 2010

Where would you like to live?

Okay, so I asked this question to all four of my children tonight:  Where would you like to live?  We're not sure what our future holds right now or where we will live in a year!  So I just threw it out there to see their input.  They don't really know details of the future so they weren't thinking like I was.  Ruth's first response was, "Here!"  :)  Where ever you are, that's where you are, right?  Well, then we got a little more into it...  here's their responses.  (I should have had the video camera... it's so interesting to hear them answer...)

Benjamin:  Maybe Norway since that's where we're from.  (My grandparents are Norwegian).  I kinda like France, too, I don't know why...  and Australia.  And in America, I'd like to live in Wyoming.  There's not too many people there and there's a lot of cool National Parks.

Hannah:  I'd kind of like to live in Russia.  I like the neat buildings and churches there.  (I think she's interested in learning the Russian language, too...  and that's where we were planning to go before we came to Armenia.)  In America, I'd like to live in Maine because the weather is cool and I like the way it sounds.  I like their state bird, too.

Ruth:  I want to live in Texas!  ~Why?  It's big and there's cowboys.  I want to meet a cowboy and his cows.  (ha!)  And then maybe I'd live in India.  I don't know why...  (we have a few friends at church who are from India...?)  I'd like to meet Indians.  ~Did you know that there's lots of people in India?  Benjamin quoted some facts and numbers for her that I can't remember...  Oh yeah!  I'll make LOTS of friends!  ~And they wear pretty, colorful clothes.  Oooohhh......  (The clothing comment made Hannie stop and think...)  Then as we looked at the map she decided India is also a good place because she will go see the ocean, too.

Elijah:  North Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota!  ~How come, honey?  I miss North Dakota.  I'll live at Papa's house.  Done, and done.  He didn't care to talk about any other place.  ND.  Period.  (Sounds like my grandma/Bestamor...  "I don't know why anyone would want to live anywhere else?!")  :)

In the end we decided there's a lot of places we want to visit.  I'm not sure if we really nailed down where we want to LIVE!  Heh!  Except for Elijah...  North.  Da. Ko. Ta.  :)

No comments: