Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Hannah!

Hannie celebrated her 9th birthday on October 30th! Nine years old. She says she wishes she wasn't an odd number now! Heh! But she told me the other day that now she's lost nine teeth, she's nine years old, and it's 2009... maybe it's not so bad?! :)
We had a couple celebrations for our party girl! On her birthday we had pumpkin bars from the can of pumpkin that Uncle Scotte brought! We went out for pizza and opened a couple gifts. Daddy gave here flowers and balloons! Then on the weekend we went to a pool park that had slides and everything. She invited four little friends so the kids would each have someone to play with. (Iren, who's Ruth's age was out of town... but Ruth still had a blast!) Then the next week we invited some of her grown up friends over. She planned out the party and made the cake with me. We played coconut bowling and guessed how many chocolate nush (almonds) were in the jar (with a three way tie!) We opened the coconut and had cake. The after some presents we had some Armenian dance time! At the end of the night Hannie said to me, "Don't make me smile... my face hurts!" (from smiling too much!!) She also told me she wished birthdays never ended... So glad she had a good celebration. She plans for her birthday months in advance!!
Our baby girl. Hannah Banana. Hannie girl. Anna jan. She loves Armenia and learning Armenian. She and Ruth have been enjoying dance class this year. She loves her puppy and even dreamed, before he was our dog, that he'd be ours for her birthday! Hannah loves art and teaching. She'd like to be a teacher when she grows up. I told her when I open my own preschool that she can be my assistant while she gets her degree! :) So we have a plan... Heh. We are in love with our graceful, kind, smart little girl! Thank you, Lord, for Hannah Christine.

No comments: