Saturday, April 12, 2008

I'm a people...

Elijah's finally getting a handle on the whole potty training thing. We've said that a few times but this time, I think might be the real one! (I sure hope...) :) Anyway, when you have a potty trainer in the house, you talk a lot about poop and pee and private parts... it's just the way life is at this stage in life.

The other day he asked me if I peed in my pants. I told him that I never pee in my pants anymore. I always use the toilet. He asked me if Jesus peed in his pants... I smiled and thought a little. Maybe he did when he was a baby but I don't think so after he grew up. Then the next question to come at me... Mommy, does God have private parts? Hello. Lijah! I really don't know. And it seems like something we should maybe not be thinking of if he does?! I don't know?! Ha.

His big thing that he learned now is that every place has a bathroom! He'll just stop to tell me once in a while, "Mommy, every place has a bathroom!" Almost every place does, honey...

The other day when Auntie Crystal came over, Lijah made himself comfortable on her lap and asked where Emmitt, their beagle, was. Is he home? Is he coming over? Is he barking? Does he pee in the toilet? Heh. Crystal laughed and said that only people pee in toilets. Lijah thought for a minute and told her, "I'm a people!"

No comments: