Saturday, April 12, 2008

Easter

Just thought I'd share a couple verses that stuck out to me this Easter...

John 18:28
here's the idea... the Jews wouldn't go into the palace to avoid ceremonial uncleanliness - they wanted to be able to eat the Passover...

That just seemed ironic since Jesus was THE lamb. He was the real deal right there and they missed it all while they thought about keeping all their traditions polished...

An insight in my Bible said, "One man was selected as the Passover Lamb for all humanity (1 Cor 5:7). The words 'When I see the blood, I will pass over you' (Ex 12:13) came to convey a whole new meaning."

John 20:30
These are written that you may [continue to] believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name!

I just read in a study that when someone who oversees thousands of missionaries was asked what they see as a problem the missionaries themselves face on the mission field they responded, unbelief! ahh... Build our faith, Lord! Let us continue to believe You and more and more with each new day! May we have life in Your name!

No comments: