Friday, November 30, 2007

I Am

We spent the Thanksgiving holiday in Arkansas and Missouri. While we were there we got to spend the nights with children in the room with us. Now, all of them wake up pretty cheerful. But sometimes a little bit earlier than we would choose to wake up on our own! While we were at Kev's parent's house in Hot Springs, it was us and little Elijah sharing a room. He waited until maybe 7 to wake up which isn't too bad. But he was stuck in his pack n' play. So when he would wake up, he'd just start to play. We heard all kinds of goofy things in his early morning play time.

Lijah had two toy puppies in his bed with him and they would wake up "talking" to each other. One day it was,
"yes."
"no."
"Yes."
"No."
"YES..."
You get the idea.
One morning, his puppies woke up saying, "Bow!" to which he replied, "shut!" Back and forth for a while. (Apparently that's what people say to puppies... something we try NOT to say to each other in the Crawford home but to puppies, he must have figured the short form of "shut-up" was appropriate.)
One time it was his baby CPK, Matthew, crying. "Matthew's crying... whaaaaaa!" Only much louder than you just read it in your head!

My favorite wake up conversation in the morning was another repetitive one... Lijah simply said, over and over,

"I am. I am. I am. I am. I am..."

Who knows what he was talking about! Gotta love the 2 year old mind. But I thought right away of the Lord being the great I AM. What a good focus in the morning.

Have you heard the Nichole Nordeman song, I Am? She sang it at the Women of Faith conference I attended with my girlfriends this fall. I understood it better then... let me just share a verse with you... you'll get the idea.

You saw me wear white, by pale candlelight,
I said forever to what lies ahead
two kids and a dream,
with kids that can scream
too much it might seem
when it’s two AM

CHORUS:
when I am weak, unable to speak,
still I will call You by name.
“Oh Shepherd, Savior, Pasture-maker,
hold on to my hand,” and You say “I am.”

When we are in need or ask for Him to help... He says, "I Am."


Women of Faith...

No comments: