Friday, November 30, 2007

All the Saints

Ephesians 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

I've been waiting to blog this one for you for a month or so...

Our good friends are missionaries in Asia. So you know that you don't just go blogging about "M" in Asia... Since they are home in the states again, I figured it was safe to share my story with you, or rather how our stories intertwined.

While our friends were over in Asia, they found themselves in some trouble. (Among missionaries, so we've found out, we are considered family and therefore "Aunts and Uncles..." So since that's how our kids refer to them, that's how I will, too... I'm not sure how gently to tread still.

Our uncle found the police at his door one day and was taken downtown to have a visit. There they questioned him about his friendships and his purpose in Asia. I think it was about six hours that they held him with some of that time spent in prison. You can imagine how scary that would be. His family didn't even know what was going on and he didn't know if or when they'd let him go. They had apparently been told he was there as a missionary.

Okay, so that's a wild story, and I'm sure that since they are back in the states, they would love to tell you more details! (Let me know if you want more info...) :)

But that's just their side of the story! Here on this side of the world, it was night time and I was climbing into bed reading my God's Word Day by Day by Beth Moore. It's just a short page of verses put into prayers. My prayer for that day was about the armor of God. As I got to the end of that familiar verse the last line stood out to me... Be alert and keep praying for the saints. I kinda laughed and thought of these specific friends of mine and chuckled that they could be considered "saints" as missionaries over there... Heh. Then I thought I should be alert and pray for them. So I spent just a little time praying that God would make Himself known to them, that they'd know He's there with them, and that He would be there Encourager. I even thought of the book Safely Home by Randy Alcorn where the angel stands by the man in jail...

The very next morning, we saw our uncle on Skype and he told us he had just gotten home from prison in Asia! He told us the time and I figured out when that would have been corresponded with my prayers... EXACTLY the same time! Seriously! Can you believe that! Isn't the Holy Spirit awesome!?

I've heard stories of that and know that it could have even happened to me in the past and I may have not known or don't remember it now... but it was really exciting for me to SEE God alive and active. Working. So cool.

The rest of their story is that he was imprisoned again for a longer time and they have been sent home to the states. They'll find a new place for missions work and trust God to work all things together for good...

The rest of my story is that I can't wait to hear from God again! Speak to me, Lord. I'm so excited to hear Your voice.

Let us stay alert and keep praying!

No comments: