Saturday, October 23, 2010

What do you like best in school?

When I was a kid, people from the newspaper would come to our school every once in a while and ask about 10 kids some random question.  If you got picked, you'd get your picture taken and your answer in the paper!  My friend and I were picked once!  So my picture was in the paper.  I forget the question now... but I think I had my pink coat on with the white fluff around the hood!  Heh.  I think it was something about love...  My Mom might remember!!

Anyway.  It's always fun to hear what kids say so I thought maybe I'd ask them something once in a while and post what they said.  In an earlier post, I had asked where they wanted to live.

Yesterday I asked:  What do you like best in school?

Benjamin:  History and Science and Reading
Hannah:  Reading short stories, some Arithmetic, poems, songs, art
Ruth:  Reading, Math combinations (they play math GAMES for that class!), and Activity Time (which is art, poems, some basic science...)
Elijah:  BIBLE!!!  And my last subject because school's almost over.  Oh, and Activity, and Numbers, and poems, and songs, and Reading but my class doesn't do that yet.  And I like cutting.  (He and I read together but his DVD class doesn't yet...)

Benjamin, Hannah, and Ruth all agree that they don't like Spelling.  And even though they didn't all say Bible was their favorite, that's what they choose to do when go outside at recess time!  We all do Bible Time together with breakfast and our opening.  But at recess it's kids only so I am not usually invited!!  Last week Benjamin and Hannah came in and told me the finished memorizing the verse that they picked out for their own Bible time!  Isaiah 53:1-2.  Love it!  Love their hearts...

~This is "their spot" for studying!  Ruth and Elijah are invited but they're not required to be there!  ;)

1 comment:

jenny said...

aww..how sweet!lov der recess time..God must b 4 sure so happy wid each one of em 4 der love n thirst 4 God