Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Birthday in the making!

When I was approaching my 30th birthday, I asked Kevin if we could do something "more" like take a short term missions trip overseas instead of go to Paridisos! ;) He thought that was a good idea so we checked into it. Long story short... we were asked if we'd consider going overseas for a couple months, then a few months, then a year, 18 months... 2 years?! We felt like the Lord was leading us to keep stepping forward and so we kept saying yes. Well, preparing for a two week trip is different then preparing for a two year trip! So after going to training and then itenerating for a few years, we finally boarded a plane for our overseas trip! In the meantime, my 30th birthday came and went, and so did my 31st, 32nd, and 33rd. We were almost here by the 33rd - missed it by like two weeks. But now. Here we are. Overseas. Trying to stay humble and obedient. Still taking steps of faith. Still growing and going forward. Still trying to do "more" and live out abundant life! But we are here in Armenia. We can still celebrate my 30th birthday for a few more years anyway, right?!

(First pic... by the Cascades just after taking the kids out to Taco Maco!! Second pic... Me -with Kev- at the Marriott downtown at the Republic Square!)


34 years old and still celebrating my 30th! :)

1 comment:

Jenilee said...

Hello! My name is Jenilee Goodwin and I found your blog through facebook/mary villa. We are the children's speakers at the missionary retreat in June! We will be meeting you and your kids in Turkey! We can't wait. Anyway, just wanted to say hello! I love blogging and update our family one pretty often. Looking forward to meeting you!