Monday, April 06, 2009

catch up




Hey!

I just copied and pasted all the emails I'd send to our family and friends over the month of March... So now you're all caught up! :) We're here and settling in.

The picture is of the kids, just a few steps down the street from our front door! Mt Ararat at sunset! The one of Kev and me was taken at the Cascade, downtown Yerevan.

We went to a pretty walking park the other day with Olivia and Oliver and the kids... Ruth found a good place in the rocks and dirt to sit and play. This caused a little stir from the people around us... Olivia said it's culture shock for them. Little girls here don't sit down on the ground! Well, I think they'll see Ruthie on the ground more then once while we're here! Ha. Playing in the dirt is what she's meant to do! :)

We got some good numbers for our phones! Heh... we were told that numbers are important. Like 777 is good, or 1212... things like that. You'll notice "good" numbers on license plates around here... I guess people pay more to have good numbers!

There are a few tunnels throughout Yerevan. Ruth (and Oliver) is especially fond of going through the tunnels. There's one tunnel in Arkansas that we've been through twice and she's always remembered it and wanted to go through it again. Now we'll have opportunities every day to hit a tunnel, if we so desire! :)

Our tutor is coming five days a week now. We've learned the alphabet (all 39 letters!) and can write out words and make a few sentences. Nadale tells us that in English, we sing... in Armenian, we fight... Heh. They talk stronger and sharper here. We need to learn to "fight" when we talk! :) Fight, Jill!

One last quick two cents from me before I head to bed... I spoke at a women's conference in Hrazdan, a town North East of here. I gave my testamony and had another sweet friend translate for me. Afterwards I had the chance to pray for some women (again through an interperter) and when we were on our way to the pastor's home afterwards Kevin asked me what was on my cheek?? Lipstick. From all the women's kisses! Love it. :)

We're doing well and are getting into a groove. At the same time we think of all our friends and family at home, too! Love you guys!

No comments: