Friday, February 23, 2007

never been in a wedding

I have never been in a wedding. Besides my own, which was very lovely and wonderful. But I have always kinda wondered if I'd ever be in someone else's wedding? Some of my friends have eloped and some have never married. Now most of my good friends already ARE married. So. My last hope on being a bridesmaid in a wedding was set on my brother, Blake. I figured he'd at least try to talk his bride-to-be into sneeking in there somewhere!? (Maybe Kev's brothers will think of me, too??)


Well, here I am! Who would have ever imagined. Blake is indeed getting married. The wedding is set for this summer. And wouldn't you know, I get to be a bridesmaid for the first time! (At age 31! Heh.)


But here's the kicker. The blessing on top of the blessing. Blake is marrying one of my best friends! So not only do I get to be in his wedding... SHE has chosen me to be in HER wedding... as her matron of honor! What a joy. I am so delighted.


I'm thrilled that I get to stand up for Blake and Crystal. But on top of that... I'm thrilled that Blake found a lovely lady to marry and that Crystal found a wonderful man. And they're my brother and my friend! Crazy. Double the joy, huh?


God knew all along that I would get to be in a wedding besides mine and that it would be above and beyond all I was thinking of! He's knew the day was coming and now we're rejoicing together! How fun.


Matron of Honor along side, Kevin, who's the Best Man, for my brother and my friend. I just gotta read that again to let it sink in. There's a smile on my face!


The kids are all going to be involved in it, too, and Kevin's parents are coming up from Arkansas! Whoo-hoo.


I'll show you the flower girl dresses for Ruth and Hannie... lovely, lovely! :)


Thank you, Lord, for such a treat!

No comments: